People who call the Nelson Law Firm for help fighting DWI charges soon discover the benefits of an aggressive Ellicottville NY DWI lawyer. A conviction for DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) in New York can have long-lasting and tough consequences for residents and visitors alike.
The Nelson Law Firm
If you have been charged with DWI, it is essential that you obtain legal representation from an attorney who focuses on DWI cases. John dedicates his practice solely to DWI, Criminal and Traffic Defense, and his in-depth knowledge of these legal topics enables him to provide clients with the strong legal representation they need.
Ellicottville NY DWI Lawyer
Clients discover immediately that Attorney John Nelson is a strong ally who will stand up for their rights against any challenge. He is a skilled defense and DWI lawyer with a long record of wins. His local city experience, training and knowledge of local laws are attributes that clients need when they are facing DWI charges in New York State. The Nelson Law Firm serves clients and visitors in Cattaraugus, Wyoming, Chautauqua, Allegany and Southern Erie Counties.
How A DWI Attorney Can Help
Having an experienced DWI Attorney for your criminal defense case is essential for best results. A blood alcohol level of 0.08% or higher for adults or 0.02% for those under 21 can result in a DWI conviction.
- If convicted of a NY DWI, you may have your license revoked or suspended, face high fines and in some circumstances jail or prison time.
- A conviction remains on your driver’s record and can restrict your freedom to drive in New York State or to Canada for up to ten years.
- A DWI conviction will jeopardize your freedom to drive and may even result in jail time.
- DWI is generally a misdemeanor, however, a second or third offense or a DWI with a child under 15 in the vehicle may be prosecuted as a felony charge, bringing your even more severe consequences and up to thousands of dollars in fines.
- You may be restricted to a conditional driver’s license and/or subject to substance abuse treatment.
There is no time to waste if you charged with DWI. Contact The Nelson Law Firm, in Ellicottville NY, for an immediate consultation about your case. He is always available to clients and willing to go the extra mile to get a win for them. Call Ellicottville NY DWI Lawyer, John Nelson at (716) 364-2569.